1. Create a data asset in the data worksheet, which retrieves the data to be monitored.
2. Create a metric: Specify one of the numeric fields in the asset as the metric.
3. Assign a detail report for the metric.
4. Create a target based on this metric.
5. Specify a trigger for the target. A trigger specifies when the metric is evaluated. A custom trigger can be also added to the system.
6. Specify a condition, which can be a threshold, time based comparison, or custom script function.
7. Specify an action, such as notification email, print, save to disk, etc.
8. Specify permissions to this target and publish the target to different users.
9. Add more metrics and targets to your scorecard as desired.
Note: Targets can be created by the end user as well as by an administrator. Metrics can only be created by an administrator.