InetSoft's reporting software allows users to create report scorecards with the purpose of key metric monitoring in real-time. View the information below to learn more about the Style Intelligence solution.
A scorecard is used to keep track of certain parameters (e.g., Sales Revenue). Multiple users can monitor these parameters from the Report Portal. These parameters (metrics) can also be measured at regular intervals (triggers).
They can be checked against certain conditions (thresholds, time comparisons, custom business logic etc.) to which they must comply. If they don't, specified actions can be automatically taken (email notifications, etc.). The metric, trigger, conditions and other settings are collectively handled as a target. A scorecard is thus a collection of one or more targets.
The following are the basic steps involved in setting up a scorecard. (Each step is explained in detail in the following sections).
Note: The Scheduler must be running in order to use scorecards.
|#1 Ranking: Read how InetSoft was rated #1 for user adoption in G2's user survey-based index
1. Create a data asset in the data worksheet, which retrieves the data to be monitored.
2. Create a metric: Specify one of the numeric fields in the asset as the metric.
3. Assign a detail report for the metric.
4. Create a target based on this metric.
5. Specify a trigger for the target. A trigger specifies when the metric is evaluated. A custom trigger can be also added to the system.
6. Specify a condition, which can be a threshold, time based comparison, or custom script function.
7. Specify an action, such as notification email, print, save to disk, etc.
8. Specify permissions to this target and publish the target to different users.
9. Add more metrics and targets to your scorecard as desired.
Note: Targets can be created by the end user as well as by an administrator. Metrics can only be created by an administrator.