Ease of Maintenance and Administration
The ease of maintenance and administration is an important requirement. To facilitate low cost maintenance of the server components, we use standard XML to store all structured configuration data and use standard property files to store simple configuration data. An Enterprise Manager servlet provides a web-based interface to the InetSoft environment. The Enterprise Manager facilitates the following typical administration tasks:
• Administration of XML configuration files and standard property files.
• Starting and stopping of server components, whether they are servlet, RMI or CORBA.
• Administration of scheduled tasks, as well as the starting and stopping of the schedule server.
• Administration of report Archiving capabilities.
• Packaging, deployment and registration of reports in the InetSoft server.
• Administration of users and groups defined in the default security provider.
Since all config files are text based, they can also be modified in regular plain text editors.