Today, if you want to achieve organizational success, the only way you can do so is by tracking your performance. We often wonder what methods organizations implement to check how they are performing. Since everything we do is part of a smart technological society, we leverage analytical tools, which increasingly help us identify different data trends through statistics and capitalize on it.
Do you often wonder
- What are dashboards?
- What is the purpose of a dashboard in the trucking industry?
- What are the different types of dashboards?
- What are the benefits of dashboard reporting in the trucking industry?
- Does it make sense for my trucking industry to use a dashboard?
If you have such questions, then we are here to assist you with your burdening queries. Without further ado, let's learn what dashboards are and how they complement the trucking industry?
What are Dashboards?
Several things in your business, which are important commodities, contribute to ensuring that operations can run smoothly within your organization. And a compound effect of these moving commodities is what decides whether your organization will become a thriving success or is it going to turn into a massive failure. These events are not relatively easy-to-understand, and to understand them better, you need to leverage real-time data visuals. A dashboard can help you create those visuals effectively.
What is the Purpose of a Dashboard in the Trucking Industry?
The purpose of a dashboard in the trucking industry is to provide real-time results and showcase logistics performance. These real-time results become the key performance indicators (KPIs), which helps you streamline the operations, especially logistics and travel based plans. As a result, you get the chance to simplify processes and make them more manageable. To make operations more streamlined and effective, trucking companies prefer to reach out to a well-recognized software development company for creating internal dashboards. These dashboards help them to manage their operations effectively.
Dashboards in the trucking industry help perform plenty of tasks such as managing freight cost variances, performing recoveries, carrier billings, and more. Having the following information in hand, the trucking industry people become more capable of understanding and streamlining transportation and optimizing the logistical processes. By simplifying and optimizing them, they achieve greater operational efficiency and be more progressive in the competitively growing markets.
View a 2-minute demonstration
of InetSoft's easy, agile, and robust BI software.
What are the Three Different Types of Dashboards?
While there is an infinite type of dashboards which can be custom-tailored to fit your requirements, the most common types which are normally implemented in trucking industries are as follows:
- Operational Dashboards - The most common dashboard-type which provides insight into the daily operations is the operational dashboard. The data updates in an operational dashboard are done very frequently. At times, it updates on a minute-by-minute basis.
- Analytical Dashboards - Here, analytics can identify & leverage trends that may influence decision-making. Such dashboards are commonly used for long-term decision making where database analysts use pivot tables and drill-downs to analyze trends for progression.
- Strategic Dashboards - Such dashboards help you track performance in-line with key performance indicators so you can align your actions with your overall strategy. If you want to establish a dashboard that can be used across the entire organization, here's one that offers great transparency.
What are the Increasing Benefits of Having a Dashboard for Your Business?
Are you running a trucking industry somewhere in the United States? While there are many benefits of having a dashboard, but to generalize a few, here are some of the leading services which you can have while running a dashboard internally at your organization. It doesn't matter if you own a trucking business or need one to run a local government. Here are some of the benefits of getting a dashboard.
- Access to Information - With the Dashboard, you get all access to information in one single place. It provides easy accessibility and flexibility to take immediate action. At the same time, it gives you a complete overview of the entire business from a single place. You can quickly compile reports, and it can help organize your time so you can do better.
- Better Decision Making - With a dashboard, you get a complete view of every department based on statistics. This unbiased view of processes allows you to make proper decisions. For instance, when clarity is established between sales and marketing, they can better align their goals to serve their customers more effectively.
- Data Transparency - Data is one of the most vital assets for any organization. However, no organization can capitalize on it unless it is translated effectively. A well-translated dashboard has many benefits. Data transparency is just one among them. It provides on-demand access to all the important metrics.
- Accountability - Detecting and analyzing what's right isn't always the best option. Sometimes, you have to understand what you're doing wrong to increase your performance. With the right dashboard, you can identify which areas are your troubled zones and how you can improve them.
- Interactivity - If you want to deliver a dynamic experience, a dashboard can help you establish that. A dashboard can allow you to see the changes over time quickly and help you filter information. People working in an organization can have effective communication, all thanks to the dashboard.
Read what InetSoft customers and partners have said about their selection of Style Scope
for their solution for dashboard reporting.
Is It Necessary for my Trucking Organization to Have a Dashboard?
Are you wondering whether your trucking business should get a dashboard for internal/external management, then here are a few things that you need to address. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you feel like there's room for your trucking company to improve, and you're not sure where to begin?
- Do you want to monitor and track information more effectively as a trucking industry?
- Do the current tracking & analytics implementations aren't good enough to increase profitability?
- Are you experiencing failure or lagging when it comes to trucking business competition?
- Are you struggling to observe all the trucking data incoming from various sources & assembling it all in a single location?
If the answers to the following questions have gaps, it is about time to fill them with a dashboard.
With a dashboard for your trucking business, you can have:
- Reduce instances of getting victimized by false claims by observing dash cam footages in real-time
- Provide safety measures for the drivers and assemble safety data from other relevant sources.
- Provide practical driver training in real-time and through video footage.
- Keep things clear and concise, especially when exonerating drivers when they haven't committed an error.
- Filing appropriate insurance claims more efficiently.
- Saving on insurance expenses.
I hope this article provided you better information on how a dashboard can favor your trucking company. Do you have some other potential benefits to discuss? Feel free to share it with us.