InetSoft's dashboard software is setup for users to create viewsheet dashboards, a simple process that can be used to form sophisticated dashboards in a matter of minutes.
Business users with any excel-level skills can quickly build live interactive dashboards that are far better than the static ones they are used to. Instantly they become ad hoc reporting tools that saves data analysts time from having to create new custom reports for each momentary need.
View the demo or read the documentation below to learn more about the Style Intelligence solution.
A Viewsheet Dashboard consists of a single Viewsheet. This top-level Viewsheet can contain multiple nested Viewsheets that present the desired information to the user. To create a Viewsheet Dashboard, follow these steps:
1. Open the 'Dashboard Configuration' page (under the Server tab in 'Presentation' > 'Dashboard').
2. Click the 'New Dashboard' button under the 'Dashboards' table. This opens the 'Dashboard Properties' dialog box.
3. In the 'Dashboard Name' field, enter a name for the new dashboard. This name will be displayed on this dashboard's tab in the User Portal.
4. (Optional) Enter a description for the dashboard in the 'Description' field. This description is visible when the dashboard is being edited by administrator or user.
5. Select 'Viewsheet Dashboard' as the 'Dashboard Type'.
6. Click 'Apply' to open the 'Edit Dashboard' dialog box.
7. In the 'Edit Dashboard' dialog box, choose a Viewsheet from the 'Select Viewsheet' list. This Viewsheet will be the top-level dashboard.
8. Click 'OK'.
This closes the 'Edit Dashboard' dialog box, and returns you to the 'Dashboard Configuration' page. The new dashboard is now listed in the 'Dashboards' table, and will be visible to the users who have appropriate permissions.
View a 2-minute demonstration
of InetSoft's easy, agile, and robust BI software.
Editing and Deleting Dashboards
To edit an existing Portlet Dashboard or Viewsheet Dashboard, follow the steps below:
1. Open the 'Dashboard Configuration' page (in the Server tab, under 'Presentation' > 'Dashboard').
2. Locate the dashboard you wish to edit in the 'Dashboards' table. (This table lists all of the dashboards defined by the administrator. User-defined dashboards are not listed in this table.)
3. Click the 'Edit' button, located in the right-most column, for the dashboard you wish to edit.
For a Portlet Dashboard, the 'Edit' button opens the 'Edit Dashboard' page. For a Viewsheet Dashboard, the 'Edit' button opens the 'Edit Dashboard' dialog box. To delete a dashboard entirely, click the 'Delete' button in the right-most column.