InetSoft's dashboard software allows full access over design aspects like dashboard layout, making it an invaluable investment for organizations with diverse needs. View the information below to learn more about the Style Intelligence solution.
Portlet dashboards contain report and Viewsheet elements in a row/column layout. A variety of default row/column layouts are available. To create a custom dashboard layout, follow the steps below:
1. Open the 'Dashboard Configuration' page (in the Server tab, under 'Presentation' > 'Dashboard').
2. Under the 'Layouts' table, click the 'New Layout' button. This opens the 'Layout Properties' dialog box.
3. In the 'Layout Properties' dialog box, enter the 'Layout Name' and an optional description. The layout name identifies the layout for administrator and user editing.
4. Click 'Apply' in the 'Layout Properties' dialog box. This opens the 'Edit Layout' dialog box, where you will add the desired row and column containers.
5. Click an 'Add Row' button to add a row container element to the layout. A row container can hold either portlets or column containers arranged in a row. If you add column containers to a row container, you cannot also add portlets to that row container.
6. Click an 'Add Column' button to add a column container element to the layout A column container can contain either portlets or row containers arranged in a column. If you add row containers to a column container, you cannot also add portlets to that column container.
7. Repeat the above steps to construct the desired row/column portlet layout. Click on a container's 'Delete' button to remove the corresponding row or column.
8. Click 'OK' to save the new layout and return to the 'Dashboard Configuration' page.
The new layout now appears in the 'Layout' table of the 'Dashboard Configuration' page, together with the default portlet layouts.
"You actually use more business intelligence capabilities. So in between the execution phase and the final evaluation, you’re constantly tracking and monitoring your performance so you can tune your execution. That’s where business intelligence with dashboards for analysis and monitoring come in. And in between the evaluation phase and incorporating your learnings or findings and adapting your strategy, you need to do some in-depth analytics.
That’s the more traditional forecasting or predictive analytics as well as things like data mining. So there is a piece that is more business intelligence as it relates to the management system, and then there is a piece that is more performance management, and you couple them together.
After some months of active use of the platform, go back to the users and find out where they get value out of the system, what they’ve been using it for, and start to use those thought leaders, the folks that have been the most aggressive users getting this value out of it. Use them, perhaps, as a way to add the additional performance management capabilities into the organization." - Mark Flaherty, CMO, InetSoft
InetSoft Technology Corp.
InetSoft Technology Corp.