InetSoft's dashboard software provides a sophisticated tool known as a data worksheet that allows users to manipulate, transform, and mashup disparate data sets. View the example below to learn more about the Style Intelligence solution
The Data Worksheet is a powerful and easy-to-use tool that enables you to rapidly build complex queries for demanding tasks such as “what-if” and cross-domain analysis. This guide explains everything you need to know about using Worksheets, covering the following major topics.
You can create and edit Worksheets using either the desktop Asset Composer or the web-based Visual Composer. The Asset Composer and Visual Composer have identical functionality, although there are some minor differences in appearance. Both tools save assets to the same location, and both have access to the same saved assets.
You can use either tool to create and edit Worksheets. Developers may find it more convenient to work with the desktop Asset Composer, while Viewsheet users may find it more convenient to work with the web-based Visual Composer.
Opening the Data Worksheet
There are several ways to launch the desktop Asset Composer.
1. To launch the Asset Composer from the Windows 'Start' menu, select 'Asset Composer' from the 'Style Intelligence' folder (under 'Programs').
2. To launch the Asset Composer from Report Designer, select 'Asset Composer' from the Designer toolbar. (See the Report Designer for information about using the Designer.)
3. To launch the Asset Composer from the command line, type the following: java inetsoft.util.gui.Main modeler
Once you have launched the Asset Composer, you can create new Worksheets or open existing Worksheets for editing.
To launch the web-based Visual Composer, follow these steps:
1. Open a web browser, and log in to the Report Portal.
2. Click the Design tab at the top of the Report Portal.
3. Click the 'Visual Composer' link under the Design tab. This launches the Visual Composer in a separate browser window.
Once you have launched the Visual Composer, you can create new Worksheets or open existing Worksheets for editing.
|#1 Ranking: Read how InetSoft was rated #1 for user adoption in G2's user survey-based index