The setRequestDialogHTML method can be used to pass an HTML document or an HTML segment. The HTML can be specified in three forms.
• The string can be a resource path pointing to an HTML file. In this case the file is loaded in and used as the prompt dialog.
• The string can contain the entire contents of the HTML.
• The string can contain a segment of HTML. The segment is added to the bottom of the auto-generated prompt dialog. The engine checks for the presence of a <body> tag to determine if the HTML string is a segment or a complete document.
If the dialog is set, the HTML is used to prompt user input when viewing reports in a browser. Otherwise, the report engine generates a request dialog. The HTML page must contain a form that meets the following requirements:
• the form action field must be '$(servlet.uri)'
• the form target field must be '$(request.target)'
• the form contains a hidden field with name 'ID' and value '$(replet.id)'
• the form contains a hidden field with name 'req' and value '$(request.name)'
• the form contains a hidden field with name 'op' and value 'Generate'
• the form contains fields for the parameter values, where the name of each field must match the parameter field name