Prototype reports are not visible on the Repository tree under the Report tab in the Portal. Prototype reports are only visible when the user clicks the 'Report' button under the Design tab. If a Wizard has already been defined for a prototype report, then the Wizard is listed, rather than the underlying prototype. Prototypes cannot be overwritten from the Ad Hoc tool.
To create a new prototype report, follow these steps:
1. Select the Report tab in Enterprise Manager.
2. Select the 'Prototype' node on the Repository tree.
3. Click on the 'New Prototype' link below the Repository tree.
This opens the 'Prototype Definition' page.
4. On the 'Prototype Definition' page, register the report by providing a name and template path.
Note: If a Wizard is defined on the prototype, the screenshot for the Wizard is used in place of the prototype screenshot.
5. (Optional) Specify the 'Screenshot' to be used for the prototype report. This image is displayed when the user clicks the 'Report' button under the Design tab in the Portal.
6. Click 'Apply' to register the report.