Creating a Query-Based Variable List
To populate the Variable selection list with data obtained from a query (table), follow these steps:
1. In the 'Selection List' panel of the 'Variable Properties' dialog box, select the 'Query' option.
2. Click the 'Select' button to open the 'Table' dialog box.
3. From the list box on the left side, select the table that contains the data you wish to use.
4. From the 'Value Column' menu, select the column that contains the data to be used in the filtering condition. Each row of the 'Value Column' represents a possible value of the Variable.
5. In the 'Label Column' menu, select the column that contains the labels to be displayed to the user.
Each row of the 'Label Column' should contain the label for the cor¬responding row of the 'Value Column'. These labels are used to desig¬nate the available options in the 'Enter Parameters' dialog box that will be displayed to the user. When the user selects a particular option, the value corresponding to the selected label is applied to any filter conditions that use the Variable
6. Click 'OK' to exit the 'Table' dialog box.
Evaluate InetSoft's Business Intelligence Software for your dashboard and reporting software needs.