|#1 Ranking: Read how InetSoft was rated #1 for user adoption in G2's user survey-based index
How Does an Operations Manager at a Waste Management Company Use a Business Intelligence Tool?
- Purpose: BI tools can analyze historical data on waste collection routes, including factors like traffic patterns, distance, and volume of waste generated.
- Utilization: The Operations Manager can use this information to optimize routes, reducing fuel costs, emissions, and travel time. This leads to more efficient collections and cost savings.
- Purpose: By analyzing trends in waste generation based on historical data, BI tools can provide insights into future demand.
- Utilization: This information helps the Operations Manager allocate resources effectively, ensuring that the right amount of equipment and personnel are available to meet customer needs.
Equipment Utilization and Maintenance:
- Purpose: BI tools can track the usage of waste management equipment, such as trucks and compactors, and provide insights into maintenance needs.
- Utilization: The Operations Manager can schedule maintenance based on actual usage patterns, reducing unexpected breakdowns and improving overall equipment reliability.
Waste Composition Analysis:
- Purpose: BI tools can analyze data on the types and quantities of waste being collected.
- Utilization: This information helps the Operations Manager make informed decisions about recycling initiatives, waste sorting facilities, and landfill management.
- Purpose: BI tools can track costs associated with waste collection, transportation, recycling, and disposal.
- Utilization: The Operations Manager can use this information to identify cost-saving opportunities, negotiate contracts with vendors, and allocate resources efficiently.
- Purpose: BI tools can monitor compliance with environmental regulations and industry standards.
- Utilization: The Operations Manager can ensure that the company is meeting all legal requirements, avoiding fines and penalties.
Customer Feedback and Complaints:
- Purpose: BI tools can aggregate and analyze customer feedback and complaints related to waste management services.
- Utilization: This information allows the Operations Manager to identify areas for improvement in service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Safety and Incident Reporting:
- Purpose: BI tools can track safety incidents and near-misses, providing insights into potential risks.
- Utilization: The Operations Manager can use this data to implement safety measures, training programs, and incident prevention strategies.
Market Trends and Competitive Analysis:
- Purpose: BI tools can gather data on market trends, competitor performance, and customer preferences.
- Utilization: This information helps the Operations Manager make strategic decisions about service offerings, pricing, and market positioning.
Environmental Impact Assessment:
- Purpose: BI tools can analyze data related to environmental impact, including emissions, recycling rates, and landfill usage.
- Utilization: This information can guide sustainability initiatives and help the Operations Manager communicate the company's environmental efforts to stakeholders.
“Flexible product with great training and support. The product has been very useful for quickly creating dashboards and data views. Support and training has always been available to us and quick to respond.
- George R, Information Technology Specialist at Sonepar USA
What Metrics Do Waste Management Companies Use?
Waste Generation and Diversion Rates:
- Definition: Measures the total amount of waste generated and the percentage that is diverted from landfills through recycling, composting, or other methods.
- Purpose: Tracks the company's efforts towards sustainability and waste reduction.
Route Efficiency and Optimization:
- Definition: Analyzes the efficiency of waste collection routes in terms of distance traveled, number of stops, and time taken.
- Purpose: Identifies opportunities to optimize routes, reduce fuel consumption, and improve overall operational efficiency.
- Definition: Quantifies the total weight of waste collected for disposal or recycling.
- Purpose: Provides a measure of the company's overall workload and the volume of waste managed.
- Definition: Tracks the usage of waste management equipment, including trucks, compactors, and sorting equipment.
- Purpose: Helps in scheduling maintenance, optimizing equipment deployment, and ensuring resource efficiency.
Safety Incident Rates:
- Definition: Measures the frequency of safety incidents, accidents, and near-misses.
- Purpose: Monitors the company's safety performance and identifies areas for improvement in employee training and operational procedures.
Landfill Diversion Rates:
- Definition: Indicates the percentage of waste that is diverted away from landfills to alternative disposal methods like recycling, composting, or waste-to-energy facilities.
- Purpose: Demonstrates the company's commitment to sustainable waste management practices.
Customer Satisfaction Scores:
- Definition: Gathers feedback from customers regarding the quality of service provided.
- Purpose: Assesses customer perception and helps in identifying areas for service improvement.
Emissions and Environmental Impact:
- Definition: Tracks greenhouse gas emissions, air pollutants, and other environmental impacts associated with waste management operations.
- Purpose: Guides efforts to reduce the company's environmental footprint and comply with regulatory requirements.
Cost per Ton of Waste Managed:
- Definition: Calculates the average cost incurred for managing a ton of waste, including collection, transportation, processing, and disposal costs.
- Purpose: Helps in cost control and pricing strategies, ensuring profitability while remaining competitive in the market.
Compliance with Regulatory Requirements:
- Definition: Assesses the company's adherence to local, state, and federal regulations governing waste management.
- Purpose: Ensures legal compliance and minimizes the risk of fines or penalties.
Recycling Rates by Material Type:
- Definition: Breaks down the percentage of different materials (e.g., paper, plastic, metal) that are recycled.
- Purpose: Evaluates the effectiveness of recycling programs and guides efforts to improve material recovery rates.
Community Engagement and Education Efforts:
- Definition: Measures the company's involvement in community outreach, education programs, and partnerships related to waste management and environmental sustainability.
- Purpose: Demonstrates the company's commitment to being a responsible corporate citizen.
More Articles About Industry Metrics
Advantage of InetSoft's Internet Reporting Software - InetSoft's BI software leverages a powerful patent-pending Data Bloc foundation for real-time data mashup and presents information through interactive dashboards, enterprise reporting, scorecards, and exception alerts. In contrast to other business intelligence applications that provide only reporting, or only dashboards, or...
BI Tools to Integrate with SharePoint - While SharePoint enables rudimentary reporting on list data, it lacks the agility to meet many of today's more elaborate reporting needs. And while it is capable of data mashup to some degree, it can only incorporate a limited number of data sources. SharePoint's BI also lacks in self service, often requiring IT skills and knowledge of SharePoint SQL...
Cloud-Flexible Reporting Software for SQL Server - InetSoft's Style Report is Reporting Software that can access SQL Server. It can be deployed in public and private clouds nearest your critical data. The award-winning application enables enhanced query, reporting, and analysis capabilities with real-time access to data regardless of source, format or platform...
Continual Rise of Edtech - When exploring improved intelligence in the educational sector, it's important to look at the role EdTech plays in driving continual innovation. Before we continue, here's a practical definition of EdTech: EdTech-or education technology-is a branch of digital technology that focuses on the development of tools, applications, and processes dedicated to improving the learning experience both inside and outside of the classroom...
Creating Ad Hoc Reporting Columns - InetSoft's reporting software features customizable data columns that can be set to display complex data in a simple format. View the example below to learn more about the Style Intelligence solution...
Dashboards Can Be Made By People Of All Levels - In addition to this, web based dashboards can be made by people of all levels of technical ability and can be accessed and quickly shared with anyone who has a web browser. All of your information from dashboards and analyses can be accessed from Web-enabled devices including Android-based tablets, smartphones, iPads, and iPhones. Popular web browsers such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari are supported...
Easy To Drive Data Exploration - I can simply drag in a control to make it a little easier to drive my data exploration. Being able to do selections, for example, and if you think about this, if I want to share this insight out, I'm coming through and doing the data discovery, but then for my other users in the organization, I'm making it available for...
InetSoft saves money and resources with deployment flexibility.
Evaluation of Real Investment - In this case it turned out they did not have to invest in the phones. So you know by doing an evaluation you can see what the real investment should be. You don't want to spend too much money in areas that do not give you the outcomes you are looking for. Let me show you another example. This is from the Department of Health and Human Services...
Flexible Excel Reporting - No more waiting for staffers to manually update your dashboards; InetSoft's web based BI and reporting solution easily imports data from your Excel files and updates automatically as the Excel data changes. Allowing reporting tools to make calculations that normally a human would reduce the risk of error...
Good Apache Business Intelligence Tool - Are you looking for a good business intelligence tool to run on Apache? InetSoft's pioneering dashboard reporting application produces great-looking web-based dashboards with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop designer. Maximize self-service for all types of users. View a demo and try interactive examples. The adoption of Apache Spark/Hadoop as InetSoft's big data infrastructure updates the method of scaling up for larger data sets, regardless of data source...
InetSoft Data Intelligence - Recent advances in business intelligence (BI), particularly the wide adoption of visualization technology, have greatly expanded and simplified accessibility of data. However, visual dashboards are still just one step forward in the pursuit of self-service BI because they are limited to pre-designed interactivity for end users... Make Your Reports Accessible - /business/solutions/daily_report_app/ InetSoft's solution is easy to learn; only basic Excel skills are needed. Companies who use our software see the value of this when managers start creating their own ad hoc reports, without support from IT. And with our mobile capabilities, report access is no longer an issue. Style Intelligence is a web-based solution, which can be accessed on Ipads, Iphones, laptops, and other mobile devices...
Reporting and BI: the Convergence - Traditionally, business intelligence software focuses on corporate departments that serve strategic functions. Because of this target user population, business intelligence emphasizes dynamic analytics such as ad hoc queries, OLAP analysis and other slice-and-dice functions. These departments also evaluate large volumes of historical data. As a consequence, business...
Try InetSoft's Cloud-Flexible Reporting Software - Are you looking to run reporting software wherever you want such as in a private or public cloud infrastructure? Since 1996 InetSoft has been making enterprise reporting software that is easy to deploy and easy to use. Build self-service oriented visual reports and dashboards quickly. View a demo and download a free version...
Turn Data into Insights - InetSoft's solution enables the creation of eye-popping dashboards that can display a large number of KPI's in a visual, intuitive way. Since the platform is web based, these performance dashboards can be accessed through desktops, laptops, mobile phones, and tablets, giving your employees access to valuable insights wherever they go...
Using InetSoft for OLAP - InetSoft's agile BI software is one of the few business intelligence applications that is powerful enough to run on OLAP cubes and operational databases. The capability to combine data fields from these sources with others provides greater potential for the discovery of valuable insights...
Versatile User Interface - InetSoft's Style Intelligence features a user interface that meets the needs of these new BI users. Unlike the complicated platforms that only an IT professional could use, Style Intelligence can be mastered easily by users of any background. Its bold, visual dashboards display information clearly and intuitively. While most of the traditional databases were invented for transaction...