InetSoft's award-winning dashboard software allows users to combine data from disparate and seemingly incompatible sources with sophisticated aggregation options. View the example below to learn more about the Style Intelligence solution.
When you define grouping or aggregation on a Data Table, the resulting table is automatically placed in “aggregate view,” which shows only the grouping and aggregation columns.
• To switch a table from aggregate view to detail view (displaying all columns, without grouping and aggregation), click the 'To detail' button on the table title bar.
• To switch a table from detail view to aggregate view (hiding all non-aggregate and non-grouping columns), click the 'To Aggregate' button on the table title bar.
The following example illustrates how to toggle from detail to aggregate view.
1. Create a new Worksheet.
2. Expand the 'Query' node, and the 'Orders' node.
3. Drag the 'Order details' query on to an empty cell in the Worksheet. This creates a new table named 'Order details1'.
4. Right-click on the table's title row and select 'Group and Aggregate'. This will open the 'Aggregate' dialog.
5. Select the 'Group' option for the 'Product' column and 'Aggregate' for the 'Total' column.
6. Ensure that the aggregate function for the 'Total' column is set to 'Sum'.
7. Click on the 'OK' button to apply the grouping and summarization.
8. Click on the 'Show Live Data' button, located in the upper right corner of the table.
Notice that since grouping and summarization is specified for this table, the 'To Detail' button appears on the table's title row. Also note that only the summarized data is displayed in the table, and all of the columns that are not included in the grouping or summarization have been removed.
9. Click on the 'To Detail' button to switch to the detail view. Notice that all of the columns are now displayed in the table, but the group and aggregate columns are displayed with darker headings.
10. Now click on the 'To Aggregate' button to switch back to the summarized view of the data.