What Metrics Does an Amazon.com Seller Track?
Selling products on Amazon.com involves managing various aspects of your business, from inventory and pricing to customer feedback and sales performance. To effectively monitor and optimize your performance as an Amazon seller, you need to track a range of key metrics. Here are some important metrics that Amazon.com sellers typically monitor:
Sales Performance Metrics:
- Total Sales: The overall revenue generated from selling products on Amazon.com.
- Sales by Product: Sales performance broken down by individual products or product categories.
- Sales Velocity: The rate at which your products are selling over a specific period, indicating demand and popularity.
- Inventory Levels: Monitoring the quantity of stock available for each product to ensure adequate supply and prevent stockouts.
- Inventory Turnover: The rate at which inventory is sold and replaced within a given time frame, indicating efficiency in inventory management.
- Days of Inventory: The number of days it takes to sell out existing inventory, helping to optimize stocking levels and minimize storage costs.
- Price Competitiveness: Comparing your product prices with competitors to ensure competitiveness while maximizing profitability.
- Price Elasticity: Understanding how changes in price affect sales volume and revenue.
- Price History: Tracking historical pricing trends to identify pricing strategies that drive sales without sacrificing profit margins.
- Order Defect Rate (ODR): The percentage of orders with defects such as negative feedback, A-to-z Guarantee claims, or credit card chargebacks. Amazon monitors ODR to maintain seller performance standards.
- Late Shipment Rate: The percentage of orders that are shipped after the expected ship date. High late shipment rates can result in penalties or account suspension.
- Cancellation Rate: The percentage of orders canceled by the seller before shipment. Excessive cancellations can negatively impact seller metrics.
Customer Feedback Metrics:
- Seller Feedback Rating: The average rating received from customers based on their buying experience. Positive feedback helps build trust and credibility.
- Product Reviews: The number and quality of product reviews received, which can influence purchasing decisions and product visibility.
- Customer Satisfaction: Monitoring customer satisfaction through feedback and reviews to identify areas for improvement in product quality or service.
Amazon Fees and Expenses:
- Selling Fees: Amazon's fees for listing products, referral fees on sales, and fulfillment fees (if using Fulfillment by Amazon).
- Advertising Costs: Expenses related to advertising products on Amazon, including pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns and sponsored product ads.
- Fulfillment Costs: Expenses associated with storing inventory, packaging, and shipping orders, especially if using Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA).
Traffic and Conversion Metrics:
- Traffic Sources: Understanding where traffic to your product listings is coming from (e.g., organic search, paid ads, external sources).
- Conversion Rate: The percentage of visitors to your product listings who make a purchase, indicating the effectiveness of your product listings and marketing efforts.
Keyword and Search Ranking Metrics:
- Keyword Ranking: Monitoring the ranking of your product listings for relevant keywords in Amazon search results.
- Search Term Performance: Analyzing the performance of keywords and search terms that drive traffic and sales to your listings.
|#1 Ranking: Read how InetSoft was rated #1 for user adoption in G2's user survey-based index
More Resources and Articles about InetSoft's Amazon Reporting Tool
Alternatives for Your Big Data Infrastructure - Deciding among alternatives for your Big Data infrastructure? As a software that adheres to the open-source standards, InetSoft's Style Intelligence will be compatible with whatever company that you choose for storing massive data sets. Style Intelligence enables visual dashboarding and the performance of sophisticated analytics on Big Data, all performed at high speeds, thanks to InetSoft's Data Grid Cache...
Amazon Cloud-based Business Dashboards - Those who are searching for a faster path to tracking their business performance or lack the IT resources to deploy an advanced data exploration solution should consider InetSoft's agile turnkey cloud-based business dashboard solution...
Analytic Dashboards for Data Warehouses - InetSoft's visual analytic and data mashup software takes full advantage of data warehouses' processing power. The mashup engine pushes queries and data processing into data warehouses as much as possible but executes them when mashed up with other data. Visual dashboards empower business users with ad hoc analytics that directly tap into data warehouses...
Analyzing the Results of Big Data Implementations - What tools do we have? What does Microsoft offer, and what open source tools are there? Big Data is very popular in the open source world also. So what tools do we have at our disposal for both creating the Big Data and also analyzing and getting those results out of Big Data implementations...
BI Products Pricing Overview - For over 20 years, InetSoft has been serving customers and OEM partners ranging from Fortune 500-sized organizations to small businesses with a few employees. The number of users served in these deployments can be as few as a handful to as many as hundreds of thousands. Data complexity and volume also varies widely from spreadmarts to data lakes...
Can I Get Rid of My Data Warehouse - I have talked to a lot of companies who are struggling with well if I do Hadoop, can I just get rid of my data warehouse, and the answer is probably not. There is all kinds of cleansing, conforming things that you still want to be able to do with the typical ETL processes. But there are an awful lot of use cases where you can just dump it into Hadoop or NoSQL database and run analytics against it a lot faster and cheaper. So it's just another analysis tool in your BI tool kit...
Create Reports and Track Business Performance - Are you looking for a way to create reports and track business performance? InetSoft's online reporting system is the ideal tool for users wanting to track their KPI's remotely without having to rely on specialized IT professionals and endless hours of setup. Whether it's installed on your local desktop, in the cloud, or at a server at your company's local intranet, this web-based reporting software allows users to access their reports through a web browser...
Different Business Intelligence Functions - Below you may find useful resources about the BI functions found in InetSoft's software...
In-Cloud & Amazon AWS Reporting - InetSoft's data intelligence can easily connect any in-cloud data sources for both in-cloud and on-premises deployment. Salesforce, Facebook and Google Analytics are just a few examples. Because InetSoft's Style Intelligence is a 100% web app, it is best suited for in-cloud business intelligence...
Machine Learning Will Be Everywhere - It's interesting to see that machine learning touches basically every aspect of a business, whether it's sales or marketing, whether it's technology, whether it's operation or whether it's finance. Machine learning is and will be everywhere. You will see...
New Cloud BI Applications - Even in established organizations that have established on-premises systems they're looking at building new cloud BI applications and particularly around analytics often to take advantage of the data gravity. The gravity being that lots of the data already in the clouds...
New Way to Keep Track of Performance - Looking for a new way to keep track of performance and improve overall efficiency of any task? InetSoft's online interactive dashboard software has proven to be a highly effective business tool for both monitoring and analyzing data to meet the queries of any user...
Primer for Business Intelligence - Looking for an introduction business intelligence? InetSoft is a BI software provider, and here you can view demos, see customer examples, and read articles explaining the basics of BI and best practices for implementing successful business intelligence...
Read what InetSoft customers and partners have said about their selection of Style Scope
for their solution for dashboard reporting.
Providing Intelligent Customer Interaction - I promised that I would suggest the short, but important, methodology that we use to provide intelligent customer interaction. So the first step, needless to say – and that's why I primed you well for this – is having this comprehensive customer profile. It's very important. As I talk with people, I say, if you have a bad customer profile, you are not having an intelligent customer interaction. It's unlikely to happen. A good customer profile that's kept up-to-date, that's relevant, that's dynamic, that's the type of profile you can now leverage with analytical tools to better understand what's going on with the customer...
Role of a Data Warehouse in Data Integration - What is the role of a data warehouse in data integration? Data warehouses have evolved since the days of the all encompassing enterprise data warehouse in the early 1990s. Rather than defined as a sealed database and data warehouse, we should think of it as an overarching architectural approach and the processes enabling information access and delivery. It encompasses the workflow of data from wherever it is created to where ever it is consumed by business people when they perform analysis or review reports. It still plays a vital role in data integration, but data integration can happen without a data warehouse today...
Using an API to Customize Data Access - The power user is the one who knows the data. They've got the other tools that let them do data mash up. Then the highest skill levels are the developers and the IT folks who might be the ones in portals and using API to customize data access. So it's really the different skill sets in the end customer that we enable...
Web App for Dashboarding - Looking to view and/or build dashboards via a web app? InetSoft's dashboard web application can be installed either on-premise or in the cloud, on a remote server provided by Amazon web services or any other provider...